Mix and match your veggies and top with the ultimate tahini sauce in this recipe for roasted vegetables with tahini. The perfect side dish recipe or meal-in-one!
I’m so excited to share this oldie but goodie THM recipe! In fact, it’s one of the first recipes I ever posted – with new updated pictures this time! This recipe is super easy and a great side dish to serve with a wide variety of entrees.
As you may know, I’m obsessed with tahini. I’ve put it in smoothies, brownies, and of course more traditional recipes like baba ganoush and hummus. Today, I’m sharing a recipe for roasted vegetables topped with tahini sauce. The sauce takes the veggies to the next level… you’ll never want to eat plain roasted vegetables again! But seriously…tahini is basically a condiment in our house!
What is Tahini?
Tahini is a staple in Middle Easter cooking. It’s a condiment made from ground sesame seeds! It has a mild, nutty or seedy flavor that works well in a variety of flavors. You’ll find it by other nut and seed butters in the grocery store. Once opened, it needs to be stored in the refrigerator.
Ingredients Needed for Roasted Vegetables with Tahini
- chopped vegetables – the more colorful the vegetable, the prettier this dish is! I used butternut squash, red onion and cauliflower but you can truly use whatever you want. Some ideas: broccoli, squash, zucchini, carrots, mushrooms etc..
- olive oil
- tahini paste
- lemon juice
- garlic clove
- pine nuts
- za’atar seasoning
- fresh parsley
- sea salt
How to Make the Best Roasted Veggies
STEP 1: Start by coating your chopped vegetables with olive oil. I like to add the veggies and oil to a bowl to mix and then spread on a lined baking sheet. Finish by sprinkling with sea salt and pepper.
STEP 2: Roast vegetables for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and flip. Roast for an additional 15-20 minutes or until browned.
STEP 3: While the vegetables are roasting, mix together the tahini, lemon juice, garlic and water. Stir to combine completely. If the mixture is too thick, you can add more water.
STEP 4: Toast pine nuts in a saucepan on the stove or in a toaster oven until slightly browned.
STEP 5: Finish off the dish by drizzle the tahini mixture over the vegetables and then topping with pine nuts, za’atar and parsley.
Roasted Vegetables with Tahini Sauce
Mix and match your veggies and top with the ultimate tahini sauce in this recipe for roasted veggies with tahini. The perfect side dish recipe or meal-in-one!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Side
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Diet: Vegan
- 8–10 cups chopped veggies (see above for options)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 4 tbsp water (+ more if too thick)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 1/2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp za’atar
- 1–2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place chopped vegetables in a bowl with olive oil. Mix well and spread on parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Roast vegetables for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and flip. Roast for an additional 15-20 minutes or until browned.
- While vegetables are roasting mix together tahini, lemon juice, garlic and water. Stir to combine completely. If too thick add more water.
- Toast pine nuts on stove top or in toaster oven until slightly browned. Watch carefully.
- When vegetables are done drizzle with tahini mix and top with pine nuts, za’atar and parsley.
- Store leftovers in fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: Roasted Veggies, Roasted vegetables with Tahini, Tahini Sauce
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!